Recover your Gmail Password
If you have forgotten your Gmail password and would like to recover it or simply reset it, you have come to the right place.
How to Change and Reset your Gmail Password.
Your Google account is your way to access Google products such as Gmail, Youtube, Drive, Calendar, Google Photos among others. Your password is very important because it will keep you connected and with access to all of your information across your
devices. There are many different ways to make your password more secure, like adding numbers, special characters and upper-case letters, but these can cause your password to be a bit hard to remember. If you wish to reset, change or access your password follow these simple steps:
Change your Gmail password:
- Sign In to My Account
- Under the “Sign-in & Security” Section, click on “Signing into Google”
- Select Password
- Enter your new password and select Change Password
Reset Gmail password:
- Google has created a special website to assist individuals who are having trouble signing in to their accounts, you can click Recovery or type in https://www.google.com/accounts/recovery in your web browser. The menu allows you to retrieve your forgotten password, username (email) or allows you to resolve any other issues you might have accessing your account.
- Once you have entered the website click on “I don’t know my password”
- A sub-menu will appear asking you to enter your email address, enter your google account email for which you wish to reset the password and click Continue
- A new window under the name of Account Help will appear, here you will be asked to enter the last password you remember for you account or you can choose to skip this step by clicking “I Don’t Know.” Regardless of your selection (entering remember password or clicking I dont know) You will be asked to enter the full phone number associated with your account.
- You can choose to enter your phone number & receive an SMS confirmation in order to continue with the process OR you can click on Try a different way, which is right under the continue button
- Once you have received and enter your SMS code a new box will appear asking you to enter your new password, enter it and Reset Password
- IF you selected Try a Different way, you will be asked to enter an email address where they can contact you, once you have enter it, click Continue
- Next, they will ask you when was the last time you were able to access to account and when did you create your account. Don’t worry, if you don’t remember the exact dates you can go ahead and make your best guess.
- After they have collected that information, they will ask you to: (a) Name the Email addresses of up to five frequently emailed contacts (b) Name of up to four labels (c) What’s the first recovery email address you remember?
- Now, Enter Other google products that you use. Usually by entering Gmail and the date you’ll be fine. After this your information will be confirmed and you will be asked to enter your new password.
- After you have changed/reset your Gmail password, learn how to Gmail login.